When Diet Isn’t Enough
Your body needs proper nutrition to build new tissue after surgery or to heal wounds and ulcers. But sometimes, your regular intake of calories and protein is not enough. This is when Juven can help.
Juven is a nutrition powder from the makers of Ensure®. Juven can be mixed with food, juice, or other beverages and has been clinically shown to support wound healing in as little as 2 weeks.1,* Each packet of Juven contains a unique blend of key ingredients, including: HMB (an amino acid metabolite), arginine, glutamine, collagen protein, antioxidants (vitamins C and E), vitamin B12, and zinc. Learn more about how each of these ingredients supports wound healing—and may increase lean body mass:
- HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) is a compound found in small amounts in your body and in small amounts in certain foods such as grapefruit, alfalfa, and catfish. HMB is a metabolite of the amino acid leucine, which helps produce new tissue by slowing muscle breakdown and enhancing protein synthesis.2
- Arginine is an amino acid that supports blood flow and is a building block for proteins.3
- Glutamine is an amino acid that plays a role in the production of collagen, the main structural protein in skin and other connective tissues, and supports the immune system.4,5
- Collagen protein stimulates collagen production and has been shown to accelerate the rate of wound healing.6,7
- Zinc and vitamins C, E, and B12 are important micronutrients for the wound healing process. These micronutrients may aide in improving immune response, improving skin integrity, and boosting collagen synthesis.8
Juven supports the healing of the following wound types:
- Surgical incisions
- Radiotherapy-induced injuries
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Other acute or chronic wounds
*In healthy elderly adults.
References: 1. Williams JZ, et al. Ann Surg. 2002;236(3):369-375. 2. Wilson GJ, et al. Nutr Metab. 2008;5:1. 3. Stechmiller JK, et al. Nutr Clin Pract. 2005;20(1):52-61. 4. Bellon G, et al. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1268(3):311-323. 5. Andrews FJ, et al. Br J Nutr. 2002;87(suppl 1):S3-S8. 6. Lee SK, et al. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2006;19(2):92-96. 7. Sugihara F, et al. Jpn Pharmacol Ther. 2015;43(9):1323-1328. 8. Molnar JA, ed. Nutrition and Wound Healing. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2007:5.
Use Juven under medical supervision as part of a complete, balanced diet.